The Nuts and Bolts of Building Collaborative Relationships between Businesses and Nonprofits
Tuesday, March 24
8:00 – 11:00 a.m.
Networking Breakfast and Two-Part Workshop
Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
2310 University Way, Bldg. 2
From Kagy turn south onto 7th Ave.
Park in the first lot and follow signs to Building 2.
Location map available here.
Cost: $20, includes hot breakfast
Registration required by Friday, March 20
Dan Center, Finance Manager, Gallatin Valley Land Trust
Kyla Stafford, CPA, CFE, Office Vice President, Shareholder, Anderson ZurMuehlen
Dee Metrick, Community Relations & Development Director, Reach, Inc.
Anne Ramos, Northern Regional Marketing & Events Manager, Murdoch's Ranch & Home Supply
Amy Schuman, Marketing Communications, West Paw Design
ABOUT THIS EVENT
Join us to dig deeper as we continue the conversation begun at the January panel discussion that kicked off this event series. Guest speakers from both the private and nonprofit sectors will facilitate in-depth sessions exploring the details of accounting considerations and relationship building as it relates to effective collaboration between businesses and nonprofits. There will be time for connecting with other attendees during a networking breakfast, and plenty of time for participants to share their questions and insights.
8:00 - 8:30 a.m. Networking Breakfast
8:30 - 8:45 a.m. Welcome & Introductions
8:45 - 9:30 a.m. Session 1: Financial Building Blocks
9:30 - 9:40 a.m. Quick Break
9:45 - 10: 45 a.m. Session 2: Nuts and Bolts of Relationship Building
10:45 - 11:00 a.m. Event Wrap Up
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Session 1: Financial Building Blocks
- Details regarding deductions, restricted/unrestricted contributions and cash versus in-kind gifts
- Ask an accountant and a nonprofit Finance Manager: bring your questions!
Session 2: Step-by-Step Relationship Building
- Strategies for identifying potential partners and developing mutually beneficial relationships
- Key things to avoid, what the other party wishes you would do differently
- Examples of creative approaches beyond cash donations
- Open forum for questions and discussion with a panel of experts