2015 W2: The Women to Women Conference
Presented by Prospera Business Network, Montana Women's Business Center, MSU Jake Jabs College of Business and Entrepreneurship and MSU Women's Circle of Excellence
2015 W2: The Women to Women Conference
Staying True to Your Passion in Business and in Life
Karen Stewart Brown, Designer and Entrepreneur
Thursday, May 28, 2015
Best Western Plus GranTree Inn, Bozeman
7:30 a.m - 5:30 p.m.
Early Bird Registration $79 (until April 24) | Regular Registration $99
Conference Registration Deadline May 22
Exhibitor Booth Registration $250, includes two event passes
Exhibitor Registration Deadline May 14
- 7:30 - 8:15 a.m. Breakfast and Registration
- 8:15 - 8:30 a.m. Welcome and Opening Remarks
- 8:30 - 9:45 a.m. Group Presentation with Ris Higgins, Leadership Outfitters
- 9:45 - 10:00 a.m. Morning Exhibitor Break and Networking
- 10:00 - 11:30 a.m. Breakout Presentations
- 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Luncheon
- 12:00 - 12:30 p.m. Presentation by Carmen McSpadden, MSU Leadership Institute
- 12:30 - 12:45 p.m. Presentation of the 2015 Outstanding W2 Mentor Award
- 12:45 - 1:00 p.m. Exhibitor Break and Networking
- 1:00 - 2:30 p.m. Group Presentation with Bonnie Sachatello-Sawyer, Hopa Mountain
- 2:30 - 2:45 p.m. Afternoon Exhibitor Break and Networking
- 2:45 - 4: 00 p.m. Keynote Presentation with Karen Stewart Brown
- 4:00 - 5:30 p.m. Networking Reception: join us for the reception to be entered into a drawing to win a 64GB iPad Mini 3, compliments of TowHaul. All conference attendees are eligible. Must be present to win.
TOPIC & SPEAKER OVERVIEW
You're Only 7 Questions Away From Discovering Your Passion
Ris Higgins, Leadership Outfitters
Team Building - Breakout session Option 1
Managing Conflict: Your survival guide to successful negotiation and conflict resolution
Dr. Virginia Bratton, MSU Jake Jabs College of Business & Entrepreneurship
Marketing - Breakout session Option 2
Successful Online Marketing Strategies
Amy Schumann and Marciela Ross, West Paw Design
3 Keys to Connecting, Cultivating and Strengthening Relationships
Carmen McSpadden, MSU Leadership Institute
Productively Channeling Your Passion and Achieving Goals Together
Bonnie Sachatello-Sawyer, Hopa Mountain
Keynote Presentation: Finding Passion, Staying Passionate and Being Inspired
Karen Stewart Brown
ABOUT OUR KEYNOTE
Karen Stewart Brown co-founded the internationally acclaimed ethical fashion brand Stewart+Brown in 2002. A true pioneer, Karen built a global sustainable supply chain without exploiting workers or the environment–after being told it was impossible, to ensure that her designs enable women to feel “beautiful both on the inside and out.” In 2015, Karen co-founded FUTUREADi®–a next generation creative collective focused on engineering and embedding sustainable solutions to complex design problems. Previously, Karen designed for Urban Outfitters, Free People, Anthropologie, J.Crew and Patagonia.
SPEAKER GIFT SPONSOR
Participants at the 2013 W2 Conference. Photo courtesy of Jessie Moore Photography.
Feedback from 2013 W2 Conference Attendees:
"By far the best conference I have ever attended! All of the presenters were relevant, interesting, engaging and inspiring. I’m leaving here today, hopeful and energized to grow my business.”
“Such a great conference! It is exciting and empowering to be in a room of interesting women! This day was an extremely well-invested one for me—I got so much out of it! I can apply these teachings to both my business and doing an even better job for my employer!”
“First-time attendee and I really appreciated the dynamic set of speakers and workshops! Lots of food for thought. Enjoyed that your program could also apply to those who don’t own a business. Very nicely done and executed!"
The Montana WBC is a program of Prospera Business Network and is funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. Contact Amanda Schultz at (406) 587-3113.